KABA Scholarship Opportunities
KABA Education Opportunities
Kearney Area Builders Association and the Nebraska State Home Builders Association partner with Great Plains Safety & Health Organization to provide training that meets or exceeds OSHA requirements at a discounted price. Being compliant can provide numerous benefits to your company and its employees.
November is KABA’s designated training month. OSHA classes are scheduled throughout the month in Kearney, Grand Island and North Platte. Check the website often for dates and times of these classes:
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Annual OSHA Refresher Safety Training
- Construction 10 & 30 hour
- Competent Person, LOTO, Mobile Equipment
(Scissor lift, aerial lift, forklift, skid steer, etc.)
KABA meets monthly for networking, dinner and presentations. These presentations include speakers brought in to educate our membership on new products that are available, correct installation of products, and new codes and regulations that are being introduced. Often times, we have NAHB Reps and/or NSHBA reps speak at the meetings updating members on important issues happening at the national level and the state level.
KABA meets the 3rd Tuesday of most months at Kearney Concrete Co. (315 South Railroad St.) but at times the meetings are elsewhere for special occasions. Check our Newsletter each month (found on the Home page) for locations and times.
General Membership Meetings
- 21 JAN 2020: 6:30 – 9pm – 315 S Railroad St
- 18 FEB 2020: 6:30 – 9pm – 315 S Railroad St
- 17 MAR 2020: 6:30 – 9pm – 315 S Railroad St
- 21 APR 2020: 6:30 – 9pm – 315 S Railroad St
- 19 MAY 2020: Time TBD – Fort Kearny Shooting Range
- 16 JUN 2020: 6:30 – 9pm – 315 S Railroad St
- 21 JUL 2020: NO SCHEDULED MEETING
- 18 AUG 2020: Time TBD – Havana Night – Kearney Country Club
- 15 SEP 2020: 6:30 – 9pm – 315 S Railroad St
- 20 OCT 2020: 6:30 – 9pm – 315 S Railroad St
- 17 NOV 2020: 6:30 – 9pm – 315 S Railroad St
- DEC 2020: Date and Time TBD – Awards/Christmas Banquet
NAHB Education Opportunities
Continue to grow in your professional endeavors. Whether you’re looking to advance in your career or gain additional knowledge about a particular topic, NAHB Education offers a wide range of learning options. Along with exclusive course and designation sponsor, Lowe’s ProServices, NAHB is committed to providing the best residential home building knowledge to foster success in the industry.
NAHB offers dozens of educational courses and seminars especially tailored for your needs as a building professional. These programs focus on practical training for newcomers and veterans alike, with lots of ideas and strategies you can use every day to improve your business and advance your career.